Wednesday 15 October 2014

INTERACTIVE LECTURE - DAVID.S

1.What are some of the topics / concepts that can be taught using this strategy?  Explain with example.

         After my research i found many ideas about Interactive Lecture.I applied it to the students It  worked well.Students Participated actively.I followed some of the following topics.

  • Breaking the class into small groups & Working in pairs
  • Questioning the Students.
  1. Straightforward questions.
  2. Brainstorming  
  3. Surveying the class
  4. Quizzes and short answers
  • Used their responses.& Classroom presentations
  • Used  written materials – Ex. handouts of slides. 
  • Organizing debates and reaction panels 
  • Used simulations and role plays.
  • Used films and videotapes & Problem-based learning
  • Audiovisual aids – Ex. Overhead projectors, flip charts, whiteboards, slides and computer assisted learning
  • Used effective presentation skills.
  • The “One-minute paper”,In-class discussion
  •  Case studies 

2. What are 5 benefits that this strategy would provide for your students?

  1. Students involved actively.
  2. Increased the attention of the students and motivated.
  3. A ‘different’ kind of learning that promotes higher order thinking So my students immediately analyzed and synthesized material, apply it to other situations and evaluated the material presented
  4. After the session, got the feedback quickly.
  5. It increased students-and My satisfaction.

3.What are the situations in which you will not use this strategy? Why?

I will use this strategy But A few challenges I faced when I introduced active learning strategies in my class. The most common challenge is relate to the determination of an ideal balance between covering content and providing my students the opportunity to actively engaging with it. This is to say that time spent on each activity is related to specific learning outcomes and is adapted to the knowledge and skills that my students have already acquired. I faced another kind of challenge, especially during discussion activities and group work where efficient management become essential. Lastly, implementing active learning strategies may be challenging in classrooms where desks and chairs cannot be moved, necessitating a little more flexibility and creativity.I overcome the challenges by putting more effort and worked with interest.
 Conclusion :
My students became more engaged in the learning process,and retained more information. Both my student and me more satisfied.Thank you to Master Coach.







No comments:

Post a Comment