Sunday 14 September 2014

My Teaching Approach

I think somewhere in my teaching approach I have a mix of giving importance to the content and the students needs somewhere and this is what is prominent in my sessions. I like to go the classroom with a plan and if need be deviate from the plan a bit without completely changing it. I do somewhere trust that someone who has developed the content would have kept in mind the needs of the learners and also make it simple enough and flexible enough for the trainers to execute on it.

The ability to completely change the plan completely go with what learners want also comes from the experience where you are a seasoned enough facilitator where you can achieve the same learning objective even if the plan completely changes.


I don’t feel very strongly about the fact that as a trainer I should do things that I am comfortable with and that should take precedence because then you are in some ways driving your own agenda without being aware of your learners and that in my mind makes the entire exercise futile. However, I am aware of the fact the trainer needs to be comfortable with the way he or she is training and the approach of it. But this approach needs to formulated keeping in mind the content and the learner needs instead of doing that in isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment