Wednesday 10 September 2014

My teaching style as per Grasha - Riechmann teaching style survey



                 After filling the Grasha - Riechmann teaching style survey...
I came to know about my teaching style that where I have to work more.
I got more Score in Personal model that means I show learners how to do things; wants learners to observe and emulate approach but this has also disadvantage that learners may feel inadequate cannot live up to; stuck in practice. So that now I focus less on rules and expectations for learners; not supervises learners more closely.
        
                And also I got good point in facilitator which indicates that I believe in personal nature of teaching-learning relationship; asks questions, explores options with learners; focuses on learner responsibility, independence, and initiative it means I am Personal flexible; Focus on Learner needs and goals; openness to alternatives and options. But it is very Time consuming; sometimes more direct approach is needed; can make learner uncomfortable. So that now I decided that maintain time and not to make too much direct approach with learners. But still I also believe that it is necessary to have a significant relationship between students and learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment