Friday 25 July 2014

Every Kid Needs A Champion

Dear All



Before starting off with my experience of watching the video, I want to thank master coach for sharing this video, as it has put a deep impact on my brain I would say.
So coming back to the video, the complete video was a very refreshing as it refreshed my thoughts, my ideology of a trainer. I liked this video a lot because somewhere definitely I could connect my style of teaching with that what was discussed in the video.
The Idea that stayed and will always revolve in my head is ,"you can not like all your trainees, you just have to be great actors at time", which I am not good at but I have a thirst of learning HOW!!
The sentences that triggered my brain and heart were, "Kids don't learn from people they don't like"!
and second one was,"You know you say it loud and it starts to become a part of you".
Lastly," -18 sucks all the life out of you, + 2 says I ain't all bad"!!!


I believe that as we are progressing to understand our role a s a facilitator, it is very important to understand the behavior or category in which we fall. Associating it with me, I mean that Am I a kind of teacher whose role is just to train, a kind of teacher who is easily annoyed by the students I don't like, the teacher who believes in giving marks as per the test and not looking at the other side of it.


Thank you again and i am really looking forward for this module!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mridhul,

    Thanks for posting your comments. Its good to have you back. We are glad you appreciate the video. The question that you raise in the end about what kind of a facilitator we are is very important to ask ourselves. Each of us should answer this for ourselves to understand what we are really doing as facilitators. This will also mean looking at questions like what am I doing beyond training my students, what do I want my students to learn beyond the course information and so on. All these include the other side of facilitation and training as you mention in the blog.

    I think the being actor part that you mention has a deeper meaning which links to self awareness - where we are conscious about how we are conducting ourselves and can understand the reasons behind it as well and then work on it accordingly. This will help us look at our learner - facilitator relationships also more closely.

    We would like to know your thoughts on some of these, these can also lead you to the final assignment of this module which is about articulating your own teaching philosophy.

    Best
    Neha

    ReplyDelete