Thursday 31 July 2014


Different Elements of a teaching approach

 As per my thinking Teaching approach:, there are some recognized teaching methods together with a range of learning theories and some principles for good practice in undergraduate and postgraduate education. Being a reflective teacher and striving for excellence in teaching means considering each aspect of your teaching approach to ensure that you are doing your best to facilitate student learning.

Ways in which you try to engage students with the subject matter (provide students with basic facts, relate new knowledge to what students already know, build in interaction, be passionate, be enthusiastic);

  Three video concept

Ans
 first concept video shows that Bhavna likes to follow recipe. She thinks that recipe is the best way to cocking and it does never go wrong. And her guests who are going to eat this Dal that they all like her Dal she added more salt by mistake and Dal was made bit more salty but she thinks that all likes her Dal because she cooked as per recipe.

if we compare this video to teaching approach that As per facilitator syllabus is most priority to deliver to student.  Here, Teacher are strictly follow the curriculum and think that all subjective knowledge and appropriate contain which is mention in curriculum more over students like  subject to get satisfactory knowledge and skills.  She did not want to go out of curriculum.

Ans-2..
According to me second concept video told that Amitab just want to read recipe but don't want to follow it. He wanted to make dal his  own past experience and efforts and feel own taste. He wants to bring  dal to more spicy as per his likes  so he added chilly and garlic to it to make  testy. And he thought that I did not follow the recipe so my friends going to like it.

if we compare this video to teaching approach teacher should put extra  efforts and  their own expertise for better deliver.  Curriculum is primary process to give basic knowledge. First ,  facilitator should  go through it but as per student needs and their understanding  teacher gives their own taste in terms of  extra knowledge and skills.  He thinks that students like it for giving some extra to make interesting lecture.

Ans-3..
I would like to say the cooking process in the third video that shreya was taking opinion from friends about making nice tasteful Dal. She thought that she made same dal which friends like to eat. She wants to make happy to her friends or guest.  When friends came she took their suggestion as well as some help in kitchen. And each moment of making dal she took suggestions   and   requirements of her friends.

In comparison video to teaching approach, every learner has different expectations and various level of thinking. Teacher gives open chance to talk about students like and dislike as well as share their idea and thoughts. Teacher has to understand them and know their needs for applying teaching method. Facilitator aware about their skills and facilitate the students.  Teacher focus more method as he or she feels comfort as well as transferring contain as understanding itself. 
 
Q. How do these elements play out in your teaching approach?
Ans-1..
These three elements play out vital role in my teaching approach.  When I started my teaching line I did not strictly follow curriculum.  I just read index and contain of subject and started teaching from my past experience and use of my expertise.  I used many similar books for the acquire example or pattern of activity as per students understood. In my B.P.O. subject I was aware of students need and comfort and get suggestion so I made power point presentation with full of example and show live environment as well as guest lecture of real call center person. 
  
Q. How would you define your teaching approch for yourself?
Ans-2..
Now, I am studying master coach course and after done many assignment my thinking and views and definition of teaching approach has been changed. This moment I go for third video I want to give students to their own space to share their views, ideas and get suggestion for deliver lecture. I take one to one counseling for every student to their need and interest and how do I focus or involved in learning. As per my experience I am giving my best teaching to them.  But I would like to tell you that if students does not know anything about their learning that what is contain in subject  or how do it learn except his job criteria then I go for second video for best teaching for them
 As a Example  if students only know computer job and dose not know anything about it. So in that case how we would know their ideas or views. We must go for our curriculum with extra efforts to understand .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment